From San Francisco International Airport:
- Take the AirTrain (SFO's internal train system) to the SFO BART station located adjacent to the international terminal.
- At the BART station, purchase a ticket and enter the paid area. On weekdays, take any train to San Bruno. At the San Bruno station walk to the opposite platform for a train to Millbrae. (10 minutes) On nights and weekends, take a train that goes directly to Millbrae.
- At Millbrae, purchase a Caltrain ticket and board a southbound train to San Jose. (1 hour and 5 minutes on local trains) Get off at the Diridon Station (main station) in San Jose.
- Take the DASH bus (blue/white) to the University. This is a free bus.
- Caltrainis a regional rail line serving San Francisco, San Jose, Gilroy, and stationsin between.
- Currently Caltrain operates 92 weekday trains providing local, limited stop, and Baby Bullet express services between San Francisco and San Jose Diridon Station . Six trains are operated between San Jose and Gilroy during weekday peak hours only. Hourly local service is provided on weekends and holidays between San Francisco and San Jose.